top of page



Frequently Asked Questions

1. I am interested in your course. What qualifications do I need to enrol?


To apply for the Postgraduate Programme in International Relations you must hold a first-cycle degree (also referred to as a BA) in social sciences or humanities. It is highly recommended that in your previous course of study you have had an introduction to law, politics, and economics. As all the courses and assignments are in English, candidates must also provide evidence of their knowledge of English (B2 or above according to the CEFR or IELTS 6.5).


2. I would like to enrol. Which documents do you need from me?


The documents you need to send by email for a preliminary assessment of your suitability to the course are:

  • a copy of your Passport;

  • a copy of your Bachelor Degree certification (in Italian, English, French or Spanish);

  • a Transcript of Records containing of the final marks and credits for each examination included in your academic career (in Italian, English, French or Spanish)

  • your CV

  • a statement of purpose (the word limit is 750 words)

  • Evidence of English proficiency


3. I have sent you all the documents the contact person has requested. What happens next?


Within 6 weeks, you will receive an email notifying you of the outcome of the preliminary assessment.


4. Which English language certificates are recognised by your University?


The English language certificates must be at a B2 level or above according to the CEFR or equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above (i.e., independent user of English) and must be issued by any of the following bodies:

- Cambridge Assessment English, 1, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB1 2EU, UK

- City and Guilds (Pitman) 1, Giltspur Street, London, EC1A 9DD, UK;

- Edexcel /Pearson Ltd 190, High Holborn, London, WC1V 78H, UK;

- Educational Testing Service (ETS)

- English Speaking Board (ESB) 9, Hattersley Court, Burscough Road, Ormskirk L39 2AY, UK;

- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) 1 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB1 2EU, UK;

- Pearson - LCCI;

- Pearson - EDI;

- Trinity College London The Blue Fin Building, 110 Southwark Street, London SE1 OTA, UK;

- Department of English, Faculty of Arts - University of Malta Tal-Qroqq, Msida MSD 2080, Malta;

- National Qualifications Authority of Ireland - Accreditation and Coordination of English Language Services (NQAI – ACELS) 5th Floor Jervis House, Jervis Street, Dublin 1, Ireland;

- Ascentis;

- AIM Awards;

- Learning Resource Network (LRN)

- British Institutes;

- Gatehouse Awards Ltd



5. All my university courses were in English. Do I need to send you an English language certificate?


If the medium of instruction in your first degree programme was English, you don’t need to send an English language certificate.


6. What is the nature and purpose of the preliminary academic review?


The preliminary academic review is aimed at checking whether you have the necessary academic knowledge and skills to successfully complete the MA programme in International Relations.


7. On which criteria is the preliminary academic review based?


The preliminary academic review will take into account:

  • your academic record in the previous degree programme

  • your language profile

  • your motivation to undertake this programme of study

  • any work experience or practical skills which may relate to the MA in International Relations.


8. Which documents will the consulate require to recognise the legal validity of my degree in Italy?


For this information please get in touch with the local Italian consulate.

Sign Up Today!

bottom of page